I Am Now A Certified Agent For Trio Lease To Own Home Financing


My Big Why For Becoming A Real Estate Agent

My big why for becoming a real estate agent was to help people who were struggling.  In 2002 I went through that bad year that many adults face.  I had been dealing with a ruptured disc in my back for a long time and finally had to give in and have surgery, and the time needed to be away from work resulted in job loss.  My third child was on the way and my house went into foreclosure.  I called the most well known real estate agent in my area at the time and listed my house.  It sold in 3 days, and he represented both sides, what I now know is called "dual agency".  By the time all was said and done it was obvious he knew the buyers much better than he knew me.  I walked away from the transaction feeling like I had been taken advantage of when I was at my lowest.  This experience was a huge motivating factor for me in 2012 when I decided to change career paths.  I wanted to be there for people like I wished someone had been there for me when I needed it most.

The Road Blocks Many People Face & Learning To Help Them Break Through

The biggest obstacles most people are facing when trying to buy a home are their credit rating and saving enough money to close on a home.  My first step in helping people through these issues was to educate myself.  Just being a real estate agent does not give someone the background or knowledge to provide advice in these areas.  Last year I became a Certified Georgia Pre and Post Housing Counselor.  This training helped me to understand how to work with my clients by

1. examining their credit reports, finding ways to improve their credit rating.
2. Advising them on how much money they would need to save to purchase a home.
3. How to prepare for budgeting successfully once they have achieved home ownership.

Even with this assistance many people are still not able to get a mortgage, and here are some of the issues they are facing.

1. Employed, but without a 2 year work history.
2. Executive relocation with a second home.
3. Self employed or started a new business.
4. Secondary income for less than 2 years.
5. Recovering from short sales or foreclosure of their previous home.
6. Recently divorced.
7. Tax liens.
8. Recent bankruptcy.
9. Medical recovery.
10. Multiple jobs.

Trio makes exceptions and welcomes customers with the above Customer Challenges. This flexibility in financing is one of Trio’s greatest advantages and welcomes good quality prospective homeowners where a mortgage is denied. Trio underwrites to common sense standards that are based on FHA mortgage qualification, but allow for ‘life happens’ moments as well as career building and mobility. 

If you want to find out more about a lease to own option where you can live in the home you want to buy for 3 years while you improve your credit rating and save closing costs give me a call at 770-676-8999.
SaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts